Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI

Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI
Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI

Sunday, March 27, 2011

End of Winter



Spring is coming. It is in the air, even at 20 degrees. We had our first red winged black bird at the feeder.

The road is muddy with the thaw of the snow and last night's thunder and rain.


As much as I am looking forward to the spring, I was reminded with the last snow how beautiful the winter can be. I took these photos early in the morning while all was quiet. Sunrise and beautiful fresh snow. The morning rays break across the lake and illuminate the trees on the north point. Our view across the deck, looking toward the south end of the lake seemed like a different world.

A walk down the driveway morphed into a trip through a pristine gateway to the wilderness.

Even though I am not fool enough to believe that spring is here and that we will have no more snow. I know the season is waning, and my days of enjoying the fresh quiet snowy sunrise and the days of snow blanketing the trees is coming to a close. Yes, I do believe it is the end of winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment