Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI

Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI
Blush Lake, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, MI

Friday, March 4, 2011

Eagle Migration; Big Island Lake Wilderness Area MI

;
Bald Eagle, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area Last fall I was out by the shore of Blush Lake, at our home in the Big Island Lake Wilderness Area, and I noticed several eagles fishing on the lake. As I got the camera out, they moved off. I went back to my yard work when I saw more eagles. We had been getting several eagles every day for a week or more, and I knew they were getting ready to migrate.


Bald Eagle, Big Island Lake Wilderness Area



Immature Eagle, Blush Lake


We frequently have eagles on the lake, and this year have had an immature eagle regularly perch in the trees off of our deck. This was one of the eagles I watched as I came up the hill from the lake edge with my camera.


At first I noticed an eagle low at the tree tops, and then I looked up. I counted 27 eagles soaring upward on a thermal. I raced to get my camera, and got shots which at first glance did not show. I came across these a few days ago, and cropped them to zoom in.


I am amazed at what I saw. Our own little fellow soared up to join the group. What a sight!

Eagle at Tree line
Eagle Rising







Eagles on Thermal
I will always remember that fall day here at Blush Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment